New York Rangers Preseason Game Thread: 9/30, Rangers at Flyers

Wait, didn't we just do this?

The Rangers have scored four or more goals in all of their preseason games, unfortunately they've also allowed plenty of goals. Last night we saw a very crazy hockey game with nine goals and two fights (why Ryan McDonagh, why?)... So, who knows what we're going to see tonight. There will probably be several pools of blood or a felony or two, and probably a lot of goals. But hey, it's a Rangers/Flyers game, so that is to be expected. The Rangers have plenty of rivalries but this one always feels so... nasty.

Full 2014 Preseason Schedule (2-1-0)

Monday, September 22—vs. New Jersey 7:00 p.m. (Losers)
Friday, September 26—at Chicago 8:30 p.m. (Winners!)
Monday. September 29—vs. Philadelphia 7:00 p.m. (Winners!)
Tuesday, September 30—at Philadelphia 7:00 p.m.
Friday, October 3—vs. Chicago 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 4—at New Jersey 7:00 p.m.

Mike's Player to Watch: Ryan Haggerty

Seriously, can you believe this kid? There is a lot of buzz around Anthony Duclair and other Rangers' prospects (deservedly so) but how excellent did Haggerty look last night? How great was it to see him attack the net and beat an NHL goaltender with great hands around the net? I can't express how excited I am about Haggerty and what he could mean to the team in the very near future.

I wrote this before the roster for tonight's game was announced but this guy is still my player to watch, I don't even care. Even if he's watching the game in a suit. Watch him. He's someone we should all be very excited about. The goals he scored last night were goal scorers goals. He's got the goods.

Thus far, this has been the preseason of the kids. A lot of the veterans have been banged up and/or underwhelming but the same is not true of the guys who will probably be heading to Hartford after training camp or back to the minors. Keep a sharp eye on the kids tonight, because they've ALL been impressive and some of them are definitely pushing hard for some roster spots and a few of them might even knock a veteran or two down the depth chart a bit and start the season on the Rangers' third line. We'll just have to wait and see. What an exciting preseason this has been so far, and we're only halfway through. Damn, let's do this thing!

TONIGHT'S ROSTER (THE KIDS ARE PLAYING!)

Let's go Rangers!!!