Blueshirt Banter Discussion: Do You Still Want Rick Nash?

This is obviously a topic that we'll get more into as the summer moves forward (and we get closer to the draft), but I figured we could breach the topic here, since many of you are talking about him anyway. You don't need me to remind you that Rich Nash was available at the trade deadline. You also don't need me to remind you that New York Rangers General Manager Glen Sather offered Scott Howson a reported package of Tim Erixon, Brandon Dubinsky, Christian Thomas, J.T. Miller and this year's first round draft pick for the two-time, 40-goal sniper.

Many of you -- myself included -- were against giving up such a bounty for Nash -- who has a cap hit of $7.8-million, which could potentially be devastating to the Rangers depending on how the new CBA negotiations go.

I was, however, in favor of getting Nash, I just wasn't willing to part up with significant chunks of our future to do so. I thought Howson would be willing to take a lower deal since Nash had asked to be traded, he didn't.

So, I've seen a lot of you talk about the team's future -- where we all seem to agree that scoring is an need that has to be addressed. Is Nash the guy you want? Or would you rather look in another direction? I was surprised to see how many of you were back on the: "Well, we should at least kick the tires on him again" bus. So I figured it would be worth some early morning, weekend discussion.

The floor is yours.