New York Rangers Tease New Reverse Retro Jersey For 2020-21 Season

The New York Rangers joined the rest of the NHL teams this evening in teasing their upcoming Reverse Retro jersey as a part of the Adidas promotion. The Reverse Retro jerseys are expected to debut during the 2020-21 season, with all 31 teams adding an additional “retro” style jersey to their arsenal.

Based on the video that the Rangere released, it’s pretty clear that the color scheme will closely resemble that of the Statue of Libery jersey. The number 96 on the back of the jersey also appears to signify the year 1996, which is when the navy Liberty jerseys first debuted at Madison Square Garden. Just going off of the colors and teaser year, I think it’s fair to say that the stars are aligning for the return of Lady Liberty in the very near future.

There wasn’t any official release date revealed as of yet, but with the holiday season approaching, I’d imagine we will see these jerseys unveiled sooner rather than later.

Thoughts?

UPDATE: 6:34 p.m.

It looks like the Adidas Reverse Retro program is set to be unveiled on November 16th, so we’ll get a look at the new jerseys sooner than originally anticipated.