NHL 14's Thrill Of The Big Hit

NHL14 has changed a lot of things. The hitting engine is one of them.

NHL14 has revolutionized hockey video games, making the game more realistic in many different ways. One of the biggest things the game did was change the "hitting engine" adding new graphics that take into account size, speed and angles when looking at the impact of a hit.

Here's one of my favorite hits from the past few years:

There are a couple of reasons why I love that hit. The first? The New York Rangers scored right after the hit took place -- remember Marc Staal's awesome overtime winner after Brad Richards tied the game with less than seven seconds left? The second reason? I'm not a big Mike Green fan, and it was awesome to see Dan Girardi give him a heavy shoulder in a big playoff game.

So here's the deal, I want you to tell me about your favorite hits from the past few years. Try not to choose hits that injured the opposing player, but it can really be anything.

Let us know what hits you loved in the comments!