NHL Notebook: 3.29.09
Hi everyone, I'm still visiting the family up in the Poconos, but here are some stories making headlines around the NHL:
- Great story from TSN about how teams fare with and without their impact players.
- Gary Bettman says the Coyotes may get a new owner, but hockey will remain in the desert. The Coyotes are hemorrhaging money, I can't see why anyone would want to buy them. I also can't believe the Coyotes thought they could get a bailout from the citizens of Glendale.
- This guy put the "fan" in "fanatic"
- Here is a look at how the trade deadline pickups have worked out for each team.
- While the Islanders are almost assured of having the worst record in the league, don't hand them John Tavares just yet.
- If you hate the Canadiens, you gotta be rooting for Celine Dion here. Imagine the Habs score a goal, and the theme from "Titanic" start playing?
- Over at From the Rink, James Mirtle has a little info on the Masterton Trophy.
That's it for now guys; tomorrow I make my way back down south to the warm weather.