Preseason Game Thread 9/20: Rangers vs Devils

The Rangers host the Devils at the Garden and a couple of big names will be making their preseason debuts.

Tonight the Blueshirts play their second preseason game at the Garden after a bizarre but ultimately satisfying 1-0 overtime win over the New York Islanders on Monday.

The Rangers cross sticks with the New Jersey Devils tonight at 7:00 p.m. and Filip Chytil will be on the ice. Also dressing for tonight's game is Lias Andersson, who had a primary assist on Neal Pionk's game-winning goal.

Another debut to keep an eye out for tonight is key free agent signing Kevin Shattenkirk. This will be the first time that Shattenkirk suits up for the Rangers. I would imagine that the Garden is going to make plenty of noise whenever he touches the puck. He'll be on a defensive pair with Brady Skjei.

If the embedded tweet above isn't working for you, here are tonight's lines:

Kreider - Chytil - Zuccarello

Vesey - Hayes - Gropp

Puempel - Desharnais - Catenacci

Desjardins - Andersson - Tambellini

Skjei - Shattenkirk

Staal - Gilmour

Pedrie - Smith

Lundqvist | Georgiev

The Devils won their preseason opener 4-1 against the Washington Capitals on Monday night. First overall pick Nico Hischier scored a goal in the third period of that game after his team scored three straight goals in the second period. But it looks like we won't be seeing Hischier tonight. We will, however, see Kevin Hayes' brother who is on a PTO with the Devils and Corey Schneider.

For more on the Devils, check out our friends over at All About The Jersey.

On a separate note - former Ranger and current Devil Brian Boyle was diagnosed with chronic myelogenous leukemia, which is considered largely treatable. Boyle was a fan favorite during his time with the Rangers for a reason: there are few players who work harder or play harder than the big center does. We at Blueshirt Banter wish him a speedy recovery. Go kick this thing's ass, Boyler. Once a Ranger, always a Ranger.