Preseason Game Thread: 9/29 Rangers vs Beelzebub

Vesey? Vesey. VESEY!

The Rangers stomped the Islanders 5-2 on Tuesday and for their second preseason game they'll take on the New Jersey Devils. And after a strong debut for Mika Zibanejad and Pavel Buchnevich on Tuesday, we get to see Jimmy Vesey tonight.

The Rangers lines tonight will look like this:

Vesey-Hayes-Nash

Gerbe-Pirri-Buchnevich

Grabner-Hrivik-Fast

Tambellini-Lapierre-Jensen

More Buch? Our first look at Nathan Gerbe and Michael Grabner? And we get our first look of Vesey against some NHL competition? Nice. I forgot how much fun preseason hockey can be.

The defensive pairings for tonight:

Holden-Klein

Graves-Summers

Gilmour-McIlrath

We get to see Nick Holden for the first time and get another look at Dylan McIlrath. Pay close attention to Holden, the battle for that sixth and seventh spot on the blue line is heating up after Adam Clendening's strong performance against the Islanders.

Antti Raanta and Mackenzie Skapsi will be the goaltenders tonight for the Rangers.

Here are the Devils forwards tonight. Keep an eye on Pavel Zacha, the kid has all the tools to be a great center.

Cammy-Zajac-Lappin

Zacha-Kalinin-Bennett

Gibbons-Fiddler-Wood

Coleman-McLeod-Pietila

Can't wait to see what that top line looks like for the Rangers. Kevin Hayes and Vesey displaying some chemistry would be great news for the Rangers. It's Vesey time!