Rangers Game Thread: Preseason Game 5, Flyers at Rangers

Tonight the Rangers will meet the Philadelphia Flyers for the second time in the 2015 Preseason and this time around they’re hoping for a different end result.

Just under a week ago the Flyers bested the Rangers in regulation 5-3 despite a 2 goal effort from Mat Bodie and a nice goal from camp and preseason standout Oscar Lindberg. The Rangers struggled on the penalty kill and were unable to contain the offense that came from the Flyers’ blue line. With a more veteran group playing the Orange and Black tonight at the Garden, we should look for a very different result and hopefully some better penalty killing.

Relevant Links

Tonight’s game at the Garden marks the second-to-last preseason tilt on the Rangers’ schedule. The attention now turns to the battle for spots in the Rangers’ bottom six forward group and to Dylan McIlrath who is fighting for not only a roster spot but also for his future with the organization. Which players that are lurking in the gray area of the Rangers’ projected 2015-16 roster will step up tonight? Who will play themselves out a roster spot?

I recommend keeping an eye on Jarret Stoll, Viktor Stalberg, Dylan McIlrath, and Antti Raanta who will be getting the start tonight for the Blueshirts.

We’ll find out soon when the puck drops at Madison Square Garden tonight at 7:05.

Enjoy tonight’s game, gang.

Let’s go Rangers.

Talking Points