Rangers Playoff Notebook: 4.15.09

Good Morning Ranger fans, its playoff day! Pass the Pepto, and check out some of the headlines as we prepare for Game One:

NHL.com: For Rangers, best defense is good offense.

NY Daily News: Rangers' lack of scoring spells doom against Capitals in first round

NY Daily News: Ovechkin says the Garden stinks. Wait until he sees what the Ringling Bros. elephants left in the visiting locker room. If you have tickets to Games 3 and 4, I encourage you to eat beans an hour before faceoff, and drink lots of beer and milk shakes. Hey Alex, we gotchyer stink right here!

Scotty Hockey: Getting Ready for Round One, and reasons to hate the Capitals

The Manic Ranger: Sorry John Tavares, Islanders Have 1st Overall Pick

LoHud Blogs: Rangers chat at noon.  I am going to try and poke my head in there. The problem is it's a video chat, Carp is a little soft spoken and I can't blast the sound at work.

Finally, I just want to thank everyone who has been visiting the site this week. Blueshirt Banter has had back to back record setting days for visits, and that is thanks to you. But, this being playoff time, we need you to reach back for a little something extra, so c'mon! Join the discussions, voice your opinions, put up a Fan Post, or post your favorite Ranger-related picture or video in the Fan Shots. Ranger fans aren't shy, and we want to hear from you.

Jim