Rangers Playoff Notebook: 4.19.09

Good Morning Ranger fans! The sun is shining just a little bit brighter this morning, wouldn't you say?

Here are some Ranger headlines for you to look over while you have your Sunday breakfast:

Washington Post: Rangers are paying the price to stop the Capitals.

NHL.com: Ovechkin: We can come back. What's he supposed to say, "We're done, back up the truck?"

Newsday: The Rangers will have a new fan at Monday night's game, Matt Gilroy

NY Times: Lundqvist Grateful for Help From His Friends.

NY Times: Caps-Rangers: Dim Realizations After Game 2.

Toronto Sun: Block party for Rangers The Rangers blocked 29 shots yesterday, giving them 50 for the series.

ESPN: Rangers winning physically, mentally.

The Hockey News: Stage is set for Broadway sweep.

National Sports Review: Lundqvist frustrating Caps, Ovechkin

DC Sports Box: Caps Dominate But Can't Beat Lundqvist as Rangers Take 2-0 Series Lead

"Dominate" is such an overused term in sports.  Webster's defines the word "dominate" as such:

  • be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance;
  • be in control
  • have dominance or the power to defeat over

Do any of those apply to the Capitals yesterday? No. Because they lost. When you dominate something, there should be no "buts" in the sentence.

"Caps dominate but can't beat Lundqvist". "Beat" is the root meaning of "dominate". You can't truly dominate without winning, can you?

These are the things that keep me awake at nights.

Have a great day everyone, more later.

One last thing:

Henrik Lundqvist dominated the Capitals yesterday.