Rangers Recap: Canes Get Late Goal to Beat Rangers 4-3

In a game dominated by goaltending, a questionable late penalty led to the game winning goal and the Carolina Hurricanes defeated the Rangers 4-3 at Madison Square Garden.

Couple of quick thoughts from me:

  • I liked what I saw from Grachev, took the body well, and was in place for scoring chances when he should have been.
  • If you like goaltending, this was the game for you. Cam Ward and Henrik Lundqvist were both amazing in this game.
  • Curious move near the end of the game when Torts put Artem Anisimov out there with Ruslan Fedetenko and I believe Frolov. Just seemed like an odd time to juggle the lines, and break up what is by far their best line.
  • Boyle's hooking penalty late in third was questionable at best.
  • If you listened to our "Post Game Show" I sincerely apologize for the technical difficulties, BTR is getting ridiculous.

Full recap from NHL.com

Canes Coverage at Canes Country

Hurricanes vs Rangers recap

See you guys tomorrow night for the game against the Leafs