Rangers Recaps: Devils 3 Rangers 2 (OT)

I wasn't able to catch most of the game last night, and there was no recap in the Inbox from the Rangers, so I'm just going to give you a few quick notes on the game, and there is a link to the TSN recap at the bottom of this story:

From Steve Zipay at Newsday: (click link for full story)

Vinny Prospal drew praise from coach John Tortorella for his playmaking at center in the 3-2 OT loss to the Devils. Prospal told me he feels lighter and quciker, having lost 15 pounds since last season, which was a disappointing one for him, with 19 goals and 26 assists. He looks ready for a far better one.

Torts said that D Corey Potter was one player who would survive the cuts tomorrow afternoon that will bring the number of players in camp to 29 or 30. We know that Bobby Sanguinetti will also, as will Matt Gilroy (sweet breakaway move to score on a backhander in regulation and then five-hole in the shootout) and Mike Del Zotto, which doesn't bode well for many other defensemen.

From Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants: (click link for full story)

Phoenix pick-up (for Lauri Korpikoski) Enver Lisin is an intriguing player. He's perhaps as fast as any player in the NHL yet he went through an inconsistent season with the Coyotes, with 13 goals and 8 assists in 41 games. If he ever harnassed his talent, he could be a good fit for John Tortorella's go-go-go system.

Against the Devils, Lisin had three shots in 20:08, not to mention a potential first-period goal or assist wiped off by Sean Avery's goalie interference on Yann Danis ("It is what it is, the ref said it was no goal," Lisin said.)

Rangers vs Devils coverage

Rangers vs Devils recap

Rangers vs Devils boxscore

Cuts should be this afternoon, we'll bring them to you as soon as we have them.