Rangers to Play Islanders During 2024 Stadium Series at MetLife Stadium

Rangers to Play Islanders During 2024 Stadium Series at MetLife Stadium
NHL.com

The NHL has officially announced that the New York Rangers will be part of the 2024 Stadium Series taking place in February 2024 at MetLife Stadium. There will be two games held at the home of the New York Giants and New York Jets, and the Blueshirts will appear in the second game taking place on February 18, 2024.

The Rangers are going outdoor again to play for the first time since 2018, and the Rangers will look to improve to 5-0-0 overall in games played in this setting. Via the NHL, here's how the teams involved in the 2024 Stadium Series have performed in outdoor games.

NHL.com

The Rangers went 2-0-0 when they last participated in the Stadium Series, and picked up wins over the Islanders and New Jersey Devils as the road team at Yankee Stadium.

These types of games certainly are a novelty, but they are fun to attend in person at least once. I went to the Winter Classic held at Citi Field, an absolutely frigid affair, and I had a blast. Had the Rangers lost that game... my opinion might have changed just a little.

Rangers vs. Sabres: Thoughts on the Winter Classic
My experience of attending the 2018 Winter Classic.

In any case, this game is a cool thing to look forward to, and it will be interesting to see a much bigger crowd for an outdoor game than the team has experienced before.