Rangers Vs. Flames: Rookies On Fire
I missed all but the first period, so this is going to be a little light on the content. No matter, I’ve demanded more comments from you guys anyway so take it away!
- I told you once Pavel Buchnevich scored his first goal they were going to come in bunches. Some passing work by Mika Zibanejad and Mats Zuccarello, yes, but the kid is a finisher. Also this: /
Pavel Buchnevich is tied for third among rookie scorers this season at 0.80 PPG w/ Auston Matthews, Mitch Marner and William Nylander. #NYR— Alex Nunn (@aj_ranger) November 13, 2016
- Jimmy Vesey hit twine for the first time in a few games. The past four games he had only registered four assists, but as the rookie grows with this team he’s going to have those stretches where the puck simply isn’t going in. That’s OK, his shooting percentage was always going to drop, but hopefully it doesn’t plummet into the single digits.
- That pass work by Chris Kreider and Derek Stepan on their little give-and-go was so pretty it should be a painting.
- Michael Grabner is being taken by Vegas isn’t he?
- I think I was wrong about Brady Skjei’s ceiling. Not just because of the points he’s put up but because of the plays he’s making. He won’t get an assist for it, but his cross-ice pass to Zibanejad started that goal. It was amazing. He’s done a lot of that lately. Very happy to be wrong on something.
- Not sure what else to say. You guys fill in the blanks. /