Rangers Vs. Kings Game 1 Preview: Here We Go

The New York Rangers will take on the Los Angeles Kings tonight in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final at the Staples Center. Puck drop is schedule for 8:00 PM.

It almost feels an eternity has passed since the New York Rangers' last game, but nevertheless, here we are in the Stanley Cup Final. After some much needed time off for both the Rangers and most of us, we finally get to jump back into reality tonight for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final. It's East Coast vs West Coast in a match up that couldn't have worked out any better for the NHL.

It's been 20 long years since us Ranger fans were able to experience a ride such as this, and hopefully we get to celebrate one final time this season. It all begins tonight with the Los Angeles Kings vs the New York Rangers. Jonathan Quick vs Henrik Lundqvist. The Kings vs The King. All of the preparations have been met, and there's only one thing left to do. Here we go.

All of the information for tonight's game can be found in the table below.

Stanley cup final - GAME 1

at
New York Rangers
45-31-6 (96 PTS)
2nd in Metropolitan
Los Angeles Kings
46-28-8 (100 PTS)
3rd in Pacific

SERIES TIED 0-0
GAME & TELEVISION INFORMATION
Wednesday, June 4th, 2014
STAPLES Center - Los Angeles, CA - 8:00 PM
Television: NBC, CBC, RDS | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Jewels From The Crown
STARTING GOALTENDERS
Team Goalies GP MIN W L GA GAA SA SV SV% SO
NYR
20
1150
12
7
39
2.03
543
504
.928
1
LAK
21
1237
12
9
59
2.86
628
569
.906
1
PROJECTED LINEUPS
Kreider - Stepan - Nash 1st Line Gaborik - Kopitar - Brown
Hagelin - Richards - St. Louis 2nd Line Pearson - Carter - Toffoli
Pouliot - Brassard - Zuccarello 3rd Line King - Stoll - Williams
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett 4th Line Clifford - Richards - Lewis
McDonagh - Girardi 1st D Pair Muzzin - Doughty
Stralman - Staal 2nd D Pair Mitchell - Voynov
Diaz - Klein 3rd D Pair Martinez - Greene