Rangers Vs. Sabres: Ryan Callahan's Dazzling Move Gives Rangers 3-2 OT Win Over The Sabres

The New York Rangers came away with a very exciting, 3-2 overtime win against the Buffalo Sabres, courtesy of Ryan Callahan. The Rangers found themselves down in this game for the entire game, but fought back to tie it up. It was a very defensive battle from both teams, but the Rangers got it done in the end.

Just eight second into the game, we had our first fight of the evening between Brandon Prust, and Paul Gaustad. Even with the visor on Gaustad, Prust still managed to get some solid punches in during the right. After was all said and done, Gaustad went directly to the locker room, and seemed to be favoring his right shoulder.

At the 13:29 mark of the first period, the Sabres opened up the scoring with a goal coming from Drew Stafford. Marc Staal made two great efforts to try and prevent the odd-man rush, but was unable to beat Tyler Ennis to the puck in time. Ennis slipped it out in front to Stafford, who banged home the puck.

Follow after the jump for more.

After trailing by a goal for the rest of the first period, the Rangers finally cashed in with a goal coming at 7:38 of the second period.

Carl Hagelin

was credited with the goal, after he came around the net and deflected it off of

Ryan Miller's

stick and into the net.The Rangers and the crowd came alive for a short time, as the Rangers began to apply some late period pressure, following the goal. However, they were unable to convert, despite putting some great shots against Miller. This time, we headed into the intermission with a deadlock, tied at 1-1.

That tie didn't last long as Drew Stafford scored his second goal of the evening on the power play, just 44 seconds into the third period. The power play came from a late delay of game penalty that was called against Artem Anisimov in the second period.

Just give minutes later, the Rangers found a way to get back into the game with an amazing backhand goal coming from Marian Gaborik. Michael Del Zotto made an incredible pass under one of the Sabres' sticks, and allowed Gaborik to break in on a partial breakaway. Gaborik slipped it to his backhand and went top shelf, over the shoulder of Ryan Miller to tie up the game at 2-2.

With about four minutes remaining in the game, the Rangers were given a late power play with a penalty coming from Tyler Ennis. Ennis took a similar penalty to that of Michael Del Zotto last night, as he played a loose stick and attempted to move it away from the crease. However, the power play failed, once again and we headed to overtime for the second straight game.

It only took Ryan Callahan 2:59 into the overtime to come away with his 100th career goal, to win the game for the Rangers. Ryan McDonagh showed some great patience on this play as he fed the puck over to Callahan, who kicked to puck to his stick, slid it under the sprawling Patrick Katela, and finally fired it under the arm of Ryan Miller. The move was just pure excellence from Ryan Callahan, and gave the Rangers a much needed two point victory.

The Rangers will be back in action on Monday night, following the 2012 NHL Trade Deadline, which will conclude at 3:00 that day, as well. We may see some new faces for the Rangers, as well as seeing some depart. But we shall see what is in store for the next couple of days.