Kidd's versatility to play both forward and defense should make her a valuable asset to Riveters' coach Chad Wiseman who made it clear on the team's media day that several players were going to get ice time playing both forward and defense. This should not come as a surprise considering that the Riveters have a roster of fifteen skaters and three goaltenders under contract.

Goaltenders

Skaters

#33 Nana Fujimoto

#1 Sheane Lundberg

#30 Jenny Scrivens

#26 Kiira Dosdall (D)

#21 Gabie Figueroa (D)

#10 Ashley Johnston (D)

#4 Elena Orlando (F)

#20 Brooke Ammerman (F)

#22 Erin Barley-Maloney (F/D)

#9 Lyudmila Belyakova (F)

#24 Celeste Brown (F)

#18 Meghan Fardelmann (F)

#11 Morgan Fritz-Ward (F)

#28 Beth Hanrahan (F)

#17 Bray Ketchum (F)

#14 Madison Packer (F)

#12 Janine Weber (F)

#8 Sydney Kidd (F/D)

In Camp

#2 Amber Moore (D)

#13 Cherie Stewart (F)

#19 Margot Scharfe (F)

#91 Taylor Holze (F)

Note: Roster and numbers from NWHL.co

During last Wednesday's press conference Dani Rylan, the general manager of the Riveters, made it clear what the roster would look like for the inaugural 2015-16 season.

"We have an eighteen paid-player roster and four practice players and there were a lot of things that we were weighing in on when it came down to finalizing the roster."

-Dani Rylan

Sydney Kidd represents the eighteenth player to sign with the New York Riveters, which means that, in all likelihood, we now know the full roster for the 2015-16 season for the women who will be wearing Rosie the Riveter on their jerseys. Kidd is just one of a several players that have been added by clubs throughout the league in the last few days in the scramble to add as much talent as possible before the regular season gets underway. Of course, there was no bigger signing than superstar and American Olympian Hilary Knight who was finally inked by the Boston Pride putting an end to #Knightwatch.

The Riveters will take to the ice this Sunday against the NYFD's hockey club in the first of their two preseason games. Although it currently remains uncertain if they'll be using the full roster, including the club's four practice players, against the NYFD on Sunday and against the Minnesota Whitecaps on October 4th, it should be exciting and interesting to see what the line combinations look like and how coach Wiseman rotates and deploys his defenders, including, in all likelihood, the newly signed Sydney Kidd.

Thank you for reading. Let's go Riveters.

#historybegins