SBNation 2009 NHL Mock Draft

09-nhl-draft_medium

James Mirtle's From the Rink is running a Mock NHL Draft, and the blog managers are doing the selections for their respective teams. Beginning today, James will post 3 picks a day. Blueshirt Banter will make the selection for the Rangers over the weekend, and it will be published Monday. On Friday we will be consulting you guys on who we should pick for the Rangers.

Here are the picks so far, no surprises really.

# Team Pick Blogger's notes More analysis:
1 N.Y. Islanders John Tavares, London (OHL) The sexy pick, the consensus pick, the right pick. He's what this team and franchise needs most. Get ready for "Islanders goal scored by #91..." because they're coming in bunches. Lighthouse Hockey
2 Tampa Bay Victor Hedman, Modo (Swe) A boy playing among men in the Swedish Elite League (and thriving) the past two seasons, Hedman starts immediately on the TB blueline and can contribute at both ends of the ice. Raw Charge
3 Colorado Matt Duchene, Brampton (OHL) No big surprise here; we’ll take whichever of the big 3 is available and immediately offer them a position as GM & coach. Mile High Hockey
4 Atlanta
5 Los Angeles
6 Phoenix
7 Toronto