Stanley Cup Final Game Thread: Rangers vs Kings, Game 3

Will home ice advantage make the difference in this series for the Rangers?

Jewels From the Crown | Battle of Cali

---

The Los Angeles Kings have never led in this series but have a 2-0 series lead. That sounds like a twisted, complicated riddle of some kind but it is, in fact, what has happened in the first two games of the Stanley Cup Final. The Rangers had two goal leads in both games but have managed to lose both Games 1 and 2. It's been frustrating, it's been agonizing, it's been heartbreaking... but this series is not yet over. Even if the Rangers lose tonight it isn't over. This team has already made history in the 2014 Playoffs, I don't see why they can't make it happen again.

With that said, the road to the Cup would be made immeasurably less difficult if the Rangers win tonight at home. I can't imagine how much energy and noise will be in the Garden tonight. I am hoping that the Rangers feed off of that energy and, for the first time in this series, truly take control of a game. It's time to see some Rangers hockey. It's time for the turnovers to stop. It's time for Brad Richards to start helping the team again. It's time for Kreider to be a force. It's time to win a game and change the complexion of this series. It's time to win.

Mike's Player to Watch: Rick Nash

I'm done with Batman. I think he's done with us too. Why have you forsaken us Bruce? Why? If the Rangers win tonight I'll consider looking back to the Dark Knight for support. I think. I don't know anymore.

Rick Nash is a player that needs to score. That is what he is here for. He is hardly worthless right now, but Nash is on this team to create offense. I don't care if that offense comes in the form of goals or assists but I do care that it comes when we need it. Putting him on the power play would certainly help that happen but if the coach isn't putting him on the ice for the man advantage Nash has to get it done at evens. The Rangers need Rick Nash to start executing on his chances and keep attacking the net. It's not enough that he shows flashes of the guy we saw in Columbus. We need that guy here right now, on every shift. It's the Stanley Cup Final. The time is now for Nash and the Rangers other big names to step up, and I can't think of a game more important than this one for the team and Nash to make a statement.

Let's go Rangers.