Stanley Cup Final Game Thread: Rangers vs Kings, Game 5

Can the Rangers force a Game 6?

Jewels From the Crown | Battle of Cali

---

How many of you honesty expected the Rangers to force a Game 5 after going into a 3-0 hole to start this series? However many of you there are, I hope you keep the positive vibes going because if the Rangers manage to win tonight and make the series 3-2 anything is possible and both teams know it.

Alain Vigneault juggled his lineup in Game 4 so it is going to be interesting if we see more of the same tonight in Los Angeles as the Kings look to overcome the Rangers on home ice in front of their fans. I'm not sure what to expect from tonight's game but I do know that the Rangers are going to need to need to play a much more complete game than they played in Game 4 if they want to bring this series back to the Garden for Game 6. The Rangers can't afford to do disappear in the third period and they can't afford to lose the special teams battle. The big guys don't need to score but they need to contribute and make things happen in the game. The Rangers, despite playing great hockey in Games 1 and 2, have been out-chanced, outworked, and outplayed in almost every game, and especially in the third period. That has to change tonight.

One shift at a time. One period at a time. One game at a time.

Mike's Player to Watch: Henrik Lundqvist

There is only one King and the Rangers need him to steal the show tonight in Los Angeles. Go get 'em Hank.

Let's go Rangers.