2009 NHL Draft Prospect Preview: Kyle Palmieri

Next up to be profiled is Kyle Palmieri

Kyle_medium
Kyle Palmieri

Position: RW/C      Shoots: Right

Ht: 5-foot-10
Wt: 180 lbs
Age: 18
Country: United States

What they're saying: (click link for more info):

NHL.com:

Before playing for the U.S. NTDP, Palmieri was a member of the New Jersey Devils Under-16 team and St. Peter's Prep in New Jersey. While playing for St. Peter's Prep he had the chance to meet Devils forward Zach Parise for winning the High School Player of the Month award in February 2007.

Palmieri credits his father for having the most influence on his career and his childhood hockey hero was Mark Messier – "I’ve always been a huge Ranger fan".

NHL Central Scouting's Jack Barzee
"I think Kyle's got a little bit of Chris Drury in him. I look at his passion, his natural skills and his tenaciousness, and that's what I saw in Chris. He's a lot of fun to watch because he has that vision along with a wicked shot. He very seldom passes up the opportunity to make the right play -- he's in position to shoot the puck and has that insight into whether to freeze and dish or just let it go."

Here is an article from NHL.com about an off- ice incident Palmieri had.

Palmieri could be headed to the OHL.