2012 NHL Winter Classic, Marc Staal Injury: Who Will Staal Replace

After breaking the news that Marc Staal would be playing in the 2012 NHL Winter Classic, speculation began immediately as to which defenseman will sit.

While there has been no official word as of yet, John Tortorella said he hadn't made a decision as of the 12:45 press conference, I'm personally speculating that Jeff Woywitka will take the seat.

Ryan McDonagh was diagnosed with the flu at yesterday's practice, but I think that was a precaution so that he would be able to play today. Again, there has been no official word on the scratch.

Don't expect Staal to play 25 minutes tonight either. Staal will be relegated to the third line, which is the right move considering the fact that he hasn't conditioned as much during the injury.

We will break the news here once there's an official healthy scratch, but for now, who are you expected to see take a seat?