2014 NHL Draft: Open Thread

So much orange. I hate orange.

Can you guys believe that Draft Day is already here? Can you believe that free agency gets underway in under a week? I know it might be hard to get as interested as we normally are when the Rangers aren't going to be making a pick until Saturday afternoon, but this is still can't-miss stuff for hockey fans. This is the day that franchises are built. This is the day that dreams are made for kids and families who have sacrificed everything to get this chance. Today is a special day. Enjoy it. And who knows, maybe there will be some Rangers news on the first day of the NHL Draft. Maybe the Rangers will trade into a first round pick or maybe the Rangers will be making a transaction or two. We'll all just have to stay tuned.

The Big Board | NHL.com's Prospect Ranking

Pick

Team

1

Florida Panthers

2

Buffalo Sabres

3

Edmonton Oilers

4

Calgary Flames

5

New York Islanders

6

Vancouver Canucks

7

Carolina Hurricanes

8

Toronto Maple Leafs

9

Winnipeg Jets

10

Anaheim Ducks (from Ottawa)

11

Nashville Predators

12

Arizona Coyotes

13

Washington Capitals

14

Dallas Stars

15

Detroit Red Wings

16

Columbus Blue Jackets

17

Philadelphia Flyers

18

Minnesota Wild

19

Tampa Bay Lightning

20

San Jose Sharks

21

St. Louis Blues

22

Pittsburgh Penguins

23

Colorado Avalanche

24

Anaheim Ducks

25

Boston Bruins

26

Montreal Canadiens

27

Chicago Blackhawks

28

Tampa Bay Lightning (from NY Rangers)

29

Los Angeles Kings

30

New Jersey Devils

---

Please treat this as your open thread for the evening to talk about the NHL Draft and any and all trades that go down on Draft Day. Just for those of you who aren't aware, the Rangers first pick in the draft is the second-to-last pick of the second round at #59. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers make a move or two to get another trade earlier in the draft. Do you guys want to see the Rangers do that? Who should they give up on to get on the draft board? Do you anticipate any big names moving today (something that rhymes with Fason Fpezza)? Who do you want to the Rangers to target in the second round?

And, perhaps most importantly, who do you have going first in the draft?

Let's go hockey. Enjoy the draft guys and gals!

Will the Rangers ever draft in the first round again?

Of course they will... a few years from now.54
There's a first round?56
No. Never, ever again. Ever. Never.27
I like to play with my toenails after I clip 'em.34