2015 Playoffs: 4/15 Playoff Hockey Open Thread

It's finally here my friends, the 2015 NHL Playoffs.

Yep, it's that time of year again. Time to not shave, severely jeopardize personal relationships, and embrace superstition, tradition, and go to bed sleeping or crying... it's playoff hockey time, ladies and gentlemen. The first team to 16 wins gets the best trophy in all of professional sports. Let's do this.

Tonight's Games

SENATORS at CANADIENS. 7:00 PM.
TV: CBC, NHLN-US, TVA

ISLANDERS at CAPITALS. 7:00 PM.
TV: USA, TVA Sports, SN, CSN-DC

BLACKHAWKS at PREDATORS. 8:30 PM.
TV: NBCSN, TVA Sports, SN360, CSN-CH, FS-TN

FLAMES at CANUCKS. 10:00 PM.

TV: CBC, USA, TVA

The 2015 Playoffs start tonight with four Game Ones, two from each Conference. As it turns out, both Canadian team showdowns are on television tonight, but my game to watch is the Blackhawks at the Predators at 8:00 PM.

Has there been a bigger surprise this season than what the Nashville Predators have accomplished under Peter Laviolette? Filip Forsberg is rapidly becoming a household name among hockey fans, Pekka Rinne is healthy and has returned to his elite form, and the Predators are a team that are just as good at scoring goals as they are at preventing them. Going into Nashville on the road to face the Preds will be Toews, Keith, and the rest of the Chicago Blackhawks. The Blackhawks are a very scary team to find yourself paired with, especially with Patrick Kane returning to the lineup tonight for the Blackhawks. A lot of people are picking the Blackhawks to upset the Predators tonight, including our own Nick Mercadante.

What are your predictions for how these first four games of the 2015 NHL Playoffs will go? What are your picks for the first round and who will advance?

Also, check out NYFID's FanPost for the Blueshirt Banter Playoff Bracket Challenge HERE. You have to register and submit your picks before 7 PM tonight. Good luck!

Please use this as your open thread for the night, and try and enjoy some playoff hockey that we don't have to be too emotionally invested in. Enjoy tonight's games, guys and gals. Be good to each other.

Let's go hockey. Let's go Rangers.