2016 NHL Draft Day Two: Open Thread

Jeff Gorton and company didn’t make any moves on the first day of the entry draft, and as a result the Rangers have not made a first round pick for four consecutive years.

There’s been a lot of speculation that Gorton is going to be a busy man this weekend, and while he couldn’t get the team into the first round that doesn’t mean there aren’t moves to be made today.

I do anticipate the Rangers to try and break their way into the second round, and if those rumors can be believed Gorton seems to be trying to move one or both of Dan Girardi and Marc Staal.

I’d have to assume with Minnesota’s first round pick coming and going I think it’s safe to say Derek Stepan will be sticking around; although I still don’t think Rick Nash makes it out of the weekend on Broadway.

Use this as your open thread until something breaks!