Report: New York Rangers Signed Daniel Paille

According to a report the Rangers have signed Daniel Paille.

According to a report from Ryan Kennedy (TFP) the New York Rangers have signed (or are very close to signing) Daniel Paille.

I'm honestly trying to find a place of logic with a move like this, if true, and I'm coming up empty. Paille is 31 years old and currently has just four points in 31 games. AHL games. Did I mention that? He currently has four points in 31 AHL games.

Paille, most recently, was a fourth line checker for the Boston Bruins who had marginally better numbers last year than the Tanner Glass disaster season.

I just don't see how yet another fourth-line agitator/banger/enforcer-lite is going to help the Rangers in any way. If true then obviously the Jayson Megna experiment is coming to an end, and instead of wanting to give some of the younger guys in the AHL a shot (notably Ryan Bourque, who is suited perfectly four a fourth-line role) they're going to try and bring in another "veteran" to help the cause.

Thoughts?