Rangers Recall Cristoval Nieves From Hartford

Following last night’s string of injuries to Chris Kreider and Pavel Buchnevich, and having to play down a forward, the Rangers have dipped into the farm system for some relief. According to an official team release, the Rangers have recalled Cristoval “Boo” Nieves from the Hartford Wolf Pack, who will presumably suit up tomorrow night in Vancouver.

Obviously this doesn’t spell good news for Kreider or Buchnevich, being that their respective injuries essentially came out of nowhere prior to last night’s game. The bigger concern though is with Kreider, who doesn’t appear to be traveling with the team as he undergoes some unspecified testing pertaining to his upper-body injury. With both forwards being a question mark at the moment, Nieves will likely slot in on the fourth line alongside Brandon Pirri and Oscar Lindberg.

Hopefully we’ll have more meaningful updates on Kreider and Buchnevich after the team returns from Western Canada, but for now, all we can do is wait.

Thoughts?