Rangers vs. St. Louis Blues: Open Game Thread

If you’re watching the Rangers take on the Blues in St. Louis before ringing in the New Year, come hang out here and share your thoughts as we wrap up 2018. (Speaking of wrap-ups, you can read BSB’s reflections on the last 12 months here, and see how the next generation of Blueshirts are faring in the World Junior Championships here.)

Saturday’s win — in REGULATION! On the ROAD! Miracle dictu! — against the Preds would have been a nice note to end on, but there’s potential here for another victory. The Blues PK is garbage, and their goal differential is even worse than the Rangers’, which is saying something. Kevin Shattenkirk returns to the lineup on familiar ground, but as Kravtsov is my witness I no longer know if that’s a good thing; no confirmation as of 3 pm who will sit for him. All signs point to Filip Chytil as a healthy scratch; meanwhile, Cody McLeod, whose tuffness did not a damn thing to prevent Zak Rinaldo’s dirty hit on Mika Zibanejad, seems to be very much in the lineup. (More evidence for my kind-of-joking, kind-of-not, especially-lately-because-what-the-hell theory that Alain Vigneault is still lurking in the Garden somewhere, pulling strings like a smug, gum-chewing puppet master.)

Is there a guided meditation just for Rangers fans? There should be.

On the up side ... toast to more goals for Kreider! More points for Hayes! More chances for Lundqvist to catch up to #8 Vanbeisbrouck in all-time saves!

Anyway, it’s been a lot of fun getting geared up for games with y’all this year. Have fun, be safe, and LET’S GO RANGERS!