clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Rangers vs. Jets: Open Game Thread

New, comments

The New York Rangers briefly return home for a contest vs. Patrik Laine and the Winnipeg Jets as they attempt to win fourth game in a row.

Terrence Lee-USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers are on a winning streak having strung three consecutive victories together. Tonight against the Winnipeg Jets they will attempt to win a fourth in a row. The Jets are one of the best teams in the NHL and sit in second place of the Central Division with a record of 39-17-9 and 87 points.

Offensively they are led by Blake Wheeler (18-56-74 in 65 GP), Patrik Laine (35-23-58 in 65 GP), Mark Scheifele (21-30-51 in 49 GP) and Nikolaj Ehlers (25-25-50 in 65 GP). Connor Hellebuyck is having a fantastic season in goal and has a record of 34-10-8 with a 2.40 goals-against average and .922 save percentage, but he will serve as the backup tonight.

Mason is 3-6-1 with a 3.52 goals-against average and .897 save percentage this season.

The Rangers will be without Mika Zibanejad, flu, and David Desharnais will move up in the lineup and skate with Chris Kreider and Pavel Buchnevich. Here is how the rest of the lines look.

Kevin Shattenkirk has missed the last 20 games, knee surgery for torn meniscus in his left knee, but skated in practice on Tuesday. He is close to returning.

The Rangers will head down to Florida to face the Tampa Bay Lightning and Florida Panthers on Thursday and Saturday respectively.

Try and enjoy the game!

---

In addition here are some general notes I like to remind you all about.

1) Thanks for being here, and we look forward to continuing to provide you with top-to-bottom quality New York Rangers content across all mediums. Consider liking us on Facebook, and following us on Twitter (handles below):

@Blueshirtbanter -- the official handle of the website
@JoeFortunatoBSB -- Joe Fortunato
@DigdeepBSB -- Mike Murphy
@BethMachlan -- Beth Machlan
@Kpower90 -- Kevin Powers
@HayyyShayyy -- Shayna
@AdamZHerman -- Adam Herman
@TomUrtzJr -- Me
@Katpeogh -- Pat
@Realallinhockey -- Scott
@JackMcKenna -- Jack

2) Remember to subscribe to the podcast (iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or Blog Talk Radio directly). Leave us a five-star rating, a nice comment, and tell your friends. It goes a long way to spreading the show and we're very thankful for all the support.

3) If you are able, please donate to the Patreon for the podcast. We've worked really hard to get the show up and running, and we've been investing the donation dollars back into the show's equipment to make it a better experience for you. It also helps put a little money in our pocket. Even if you just enjoy the website, anything helps (if you can).