October may be in the rear view mirror, but the first month of the 2019-20 NHL season taught us a lot about the New York Rangers. Now that we’re midway through the first full week of November, it’s time to reflect on the first 10 games of the season.
Today, we want to know which New York Ranger you, the fans, believe was the team’s MVP in the first month of the season?
- Led the team in 5-on-5 scoring with seven points in his first 10 games as a Ranger. Had 10 points in all situations, including a team-leading five goals. Scored two of the Rangers’ five power play goals in October.
- Led all Rangers forwards in TOI/GP (21:04).
- Led the team in giveaways (15) and takeaways (14) in all situations. Finished second on the team in shots (28) and iCF (51) in all situations.
- Panarin’s +8.55 Rel CF% at 5-on-5 (score and venue adjusted) was the highest among Rangers forwards who played in at least two games.
- Led the Rangers in scoring (11 points) and primary points (9) in all situations in the month of October. Had three multi-point games, including back-to-back four-point performances to open the season.
- Led the Rangers in penalties drawn (5) and power play scoring (4). Also scored one of the Rangers’ two shorthanded goals.
- Missed the Rangers’ last game in October as a result of an injury.
- Finished second on the team in primary points (8) and was tied for second in points (10) in the month of October.
- Strome’s 55.2 FO% was the best on the team among forwards who played in at least six games.
- Had a 23.08 Sh% in October, scoring three goals on 13 shots. Scored the GWG against the Buffalo Sabres on Oct. 24.
- Led all Rangers skaters in shots (33) and iCF (58) in the month of October. Also led the team in rebounds created (4).
- His 24:07 TOI/GP led all Rangers skaters through the first 10 months of the season. Drew three penalties without taking a single trip to the penalty box.
- Led the Rangers in hits (30) and blocked shots (25).
- Led all Rangers’ defensemen in power play points (3) and finished second among Rangers D -men in all-situations scoring (6).
- Posted a .924 save percentage in five games played (257:36 TOI); posted a .923 Sv% in 195:34 TOI of 5-on-5 hockey
- Had a 29-save performance in the Rangers 4-1 win over the Tampa Bay Lightning on Oct. 29.
- Led all Rangers defensemen in scoring with eight points — four of which were goals.
- DeAngelo’s 2.46 P/60 at 5-on-5 led all Rangers d-men who played in at least two games.
- His +4.20 Rel CF% at 5-on-5 (score and venue adjusted) ranked third among Rangers’ defensemen.
- Fox’s +12.30 Rel CF% at 5-on-5 (score and venue adjusted) led all Rangers skaters who played in at least two games in the month of October.
- Fox’s 55.84 xGF% led all Rangers defensemen; he finished October with a +5 goal differential at 5-on-5, the best on the blue line by a significant margin.
- Led all Rangers’ d-men in takeaways (6).
- Scored one goal and picked up an assist in his first 10 games in the NHL.
Who was the Rangers MVP in October?
This poll is closed
All data courtesy of naturalstattrick.com and evolving-hockey.com.