Amazing Anecdotes About America

A few facts you may not know about a country many of us call home

With purple mountains majesty and amber fields of grain, the United States of America is a place of wide ranging thoughts, opinions, and foods and much like we did with Finland we’re gonna take a look at some facts about Canada’s jorts that you probably already know.*

*Once again, any jokes I make are never with malice and if you feel offended by any of them just contact me on twitter or yell at Joe.

  • America, the continent but it still counts, is believed to have been named after Italian explorer Amerigo Vespucci.
  • The United States of America got into a bit of a tiff with their landlords over in Britain and began rabble rousing, this led to the Declaration of Independence in 1776 and the signing and ratification of the United States Constitution on September 17th, 1788.
  • The United States population is over 327 million people, which is a lot and they’re all on the subway right now.
  • There are 50 states, one federal district, five major self-governing territories, and partridge in a pear tree that make up the United States of America.
  • Every American hockey player comes from two of those 50 states. Those who say otherwise are just trying to sow fear and chaos among the masses.
  • Neil Armstrong and Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin, both American astronauts, landed on the moon on July 20th, 1969. Almost fifty years later people somehow deny this fact.
  • The first hockey game to be played in America was in 1873 when Chris Chelios and his siblings began knocking a rock across a frozen Minnesota, which by that point had not thawed out yet.
  • The United States Women’s Ice Hockey Team is the best hockey team the country has ever produced.
  • Former Rangers greats Paul Mara, Dallas Eakins, Matt Gilroy, and Mike Dunham were all born and raised in the United States.
  • Jack Hughes calls the United States of America home. /

So there you have it. Hopefully you all were able to learn a thing or two, and if not, well...at least you clicked on the page and scrolled through the comments!