Blueshirt Banter Talking Points: What Are You Most Excited About for 2019-20 Season?

It is summer and I’m not going to pretend like there’s a lot to talk about.

Today is August 15 and there’s not a lot to talk about in terms of hockey, more specifically the New York Rangers. There are some things that deserve a deeper dive, but those things will come closer to the start of the season after training camp is underway.

It is also the 50th anniversary of the start of Woodstock, so I thought having something nice and mellow would be cool for Thursday. With that said, Blueshirt Banter Talking Points is basically a prompt in order to spark a conversation. Instead of posting a poll on Twitter asking for responses, why not make it an mini article in the name of #content?

But on a serious note, I think that there are topics like this that people have a lot of thoughts on, and it will be fun to be able to look back months from now and see how things have aged. I thought the first one should be something positive and simply stated; what are you most excited about for the upcoming season?

The answer to this question is likely something that has shifted for many, because there has been a number of big moments for the franchise. At one point, someone might have answered, “watching Vitali Kravtsov play in North America.” Then the draft lottery happened, and the Rangers landed Kaapo Kakko. But then there was the Adam Fox trade, Jacob Trouba trade, and the signing of Artemi Panarin.

There’s so many more things that could be talked about, but I’d say these are the biggest of note.

The past few weeks and months have been like (insert holiday you personally celebrate) for Rangers fans, except the presents received have sat idle and unopened. In a few weeks the wrapping paper can be torn, the bows undone, and the gift bags tossed aside. The shiny new toys will take the ice for training camp, and some will participate in the Traverse City prospect tournament.

So with that said, I’d love to know what you are most excited about for the upcoming season, and why.

Who are you MOST excited to watch this season?

Artemi Panarin275
Kaapo Kakko1103
Vitali Kravtsov292
Jacob Trouba36
Adam Fox13
Other47

If there’s something else, maybe watching Yegor Rykov, or seeing how Filip Chytil does in his second full season, feel free to leave a comment. There are really no wrong answers to this question, and it will be interesting to see what the fans are looking forward to most.