NBC Sports released its coverage for the 2019-20 NHL season today which includes 13 New York Rangers games, including nine Rangers home games.
The Rangers first game on NBC proper just so happens to be the 2019 Discover NHL Thanksgiving Showdown against the Boston Bruins. But that isn’t the game that most Rangers fans are really itching to see.
- Thu., Oct. 17 at New Jersey. 7:00 p.m. | NBCSN
- Tue., Oct. 29 Tampa Bay. 7:30 p.m. | NBCSN
- Wed., Nov. 6 Detroit. 8:00 p.m. | NBCSN
- Tue., Nov. 12 Pittsburgh. 7:30 p.m. | NBCSN
- Wed., Nov. 20 Washington. 8:00 p.m. | NBCSN
- Fri., Nov. 29 at Boston. 1:00 p.m. | NBC
- Mon., Dec. 23 at Philadelphia. 7:00 p.m. | NBCSN
- Tue., Jan. 7 Colorado. 7:30 p.m. | NBCSN
- Sun., Feb. 16 Boston. 3:30 p.m. | NBC
- Wed., Feb. 19 at Chicago. 8:00 p.m. | NBCSN
- Sun., Mar. 1 Philadelphia. 12:00 p.m. | NBC
- Wed., Mar. 18 Pittsburgh. 7:30 p.m. | NBCSN
- Wed., Apr. 1 Philadelphia. 7:30 p.m. | NBCSN
The first Rangers game that will be broadcast on NBC Sports is the first regular season game between the New Jersey Devils and Rangers since they picked first and second, respectively, in the 2019 Draft. Considering all the blockbuster moves made by both teams over the summer, this game is going to draw a lot of attention.
Prior to Oct. 17, the Rangers and Devils play two preseason games on Sept. 18 and Sept. 20.
Another game early on the Rangers’ NBC Sports schedule that will be circled on a lot of calendars comes just two weeks later. On Oct. 29, the Rangers will host Kevin Shattenkirk, Ryan McDonagh, and the Tampa Bay Lightning at Madison Square Garden. Needless to say, it will be interesting to see what kind of reception Shattenkirk gets when he steps onto the ice after the team elected to buy him out during the offseason.