It’s time for another installment of Blueshirt Banter’s Rangers Radar, where we focus the spotlight on trends in performance, production, and collect notes on players in the New York Rangers organization.
New York Rangers
- 2020 NHL All-Star Chris Kreider has 19 points in his last 23 games. Kreider had 13 points in his first 25 games of the 2019-20 season.
- Youngster Brett Howden has two points — one goal and one assist — in his last 10 games. Howden has already matched his goal production from his rookie season (6).
- Center Ryan Strome has 20 points in his last 23 games but just one goal in his last nine games. At the 2020 NHL All-Star break, Strome has 43 points in 48 games. He has as many points as Anze Kopitar, Ryan O’Reilly, Blake Wheeler, and William Nylander in that span. Strome is on pace to shatter his best single season in production (50).
- Prior to scoring an uncelebrated goal against the Islanders on Jan. 21, Pavel Buchnevich had one goal in his last 13 games. Buchnevich is two 5-on-5 primary assists shy of tying his previous career best in a single season (11).
Hartford Wolf Pack
- Prior to their 4-1 win over the Bridgeport Sound Tigers on Jan. 24, the Wolf Pack lost four consecutive games (two in overtime). Hartford is now tied for first in the standings in the Atlantic Division with the Providence Bruins, but they do have two games in hand over the Boston Bruins’ farm team.
- Defenseman Darren Raddysh has seven points in his last 10 games and is now just three points behind rookie Joey Keane (23) in scoring among Hartford blueliners. Raddysh had a two-assist game against the Sound Tigers on Jan. 24.
- Goaltender Adam Huska has wavered since his rock solid start to the 2019-20 campaign. Huska has allowed four or more goals in six of his last 13 appearances and his save percentage has dipped down to .897. Among AHL goalies who have faced at least 500 shots this season, Huska’s save percentage ranks 37th in the league. He made 43 saves in his ECHL debut on Jan. 24.
- AHL All-Star Vinni Lettieri has scored seven goals in his last nine games and now has a commanding lead on the Wolf Pack in goals (18). Lettieri has never scored more than 23 goals in a season. This year, he’s averaging 3.05 SOG/GP.
- Since his return to North America, Russian prospect Vitali Kravtsov has five points in 15 games for the Hartford Wolf Pack. Four of those five points have been goals.
Other Rangers Prospects
- Defenseman K’Andre Miller (22nd overall, 2018 Draft) had two assists against Notre Dame for the Wisconsin Badgers on Jan. 24. Miller’s second assist was primary, picked up on the power play, on Max Zimmer’s game-winning goal.
- Defenseman Zac Jones (68th overall, 2019 Draft) has played five consecutive games without recording a point for UMass. Jones, a freshman, has three goals and 11 assists in 24 games this year.
- Finnish winger Lauri Pajuniemi is averaging 1:19 less TOI/GP with TPS in January than he averaged in December. Pajuniemi had a two-goal game on Jan. 18. He now has 23 goals and 12 assists in 40 games.
- Tarmo Reunanen has four points — all assists — in his last four games for Lukko. Reunanen has 12 points in 35 games this season and is averaging 19:44 TOI/GP. He had 25 points in 58 games with Lukko in 2018-19.