Filip Chytil, Rangers Agree to Terms on Two-Year Contract

Just 24 hours after the free agent frenzy began, the New York Rangers have started handling some of their own internal business. The Rangers have agreed to terms with center Filip Chytil on a brand new two-year contract with cap hit of $2.3 million per season.

Coming into this previous season, Chytil really stepped into own and developed a much more straight forward approach to his game. Appearing in 42 games during 2020-21, Chytil accumulated eight goals, 14 assists, 22 points and was a +9. However, a significant upper-body injury sidelined Chytil near the end of January after a scary head-on collision with Pittsburgh Penguins forward Evan Rodrigues.

As with any injury, it took Chytil some time to find his footing once returning but finished the season on a relatively high-note. With Chytil officially back in the fold, the Rangers have just Libor Hajek and Igor Shesterkin remaining as their last two restricted free agents.

We’ll see what other moves the Rangers have planned as we progress deeper into the offseason.

Thoughts?