Bantering Points: 2/24/19
Here are today’s news and links:
- Highlights: NYR 5, NJD 2 (4:20 video via NHL.com)
- Game Recap: An explosive first period allowed the Rangers to cruise to a win over the Devils (CBS)
- The Winnipeg Jets and Nashville Predators are rumored to be at the head of the pack of teams looking into acquiring Kevin Hayes (Sportsnet)
- Larry Brooks argues that the Blueshirts need to make a decision on Chris Kreider sooner rather than later (NY Post)
- Brett Cyrgalis notes that the mass exodus of veterans from the team’s lineup means for chances for their young players to shine (NY Post)
- Colin Stephenson notes that with unrestricted free agency looming, time is running out for Rob O’Gara to prove himself to the Rangers’ organization (Newsday)
- Stephenson also caught up with Brady Skjei after the game to discuss Skjei’s first goal since December (Newsday)
- George Ruggiero pinpoints Edmonton Oilers’ defenseman Oscar Klefbom as a potential trade target (Blue Line Station)
- Postgame Notes: In what was possibly his final home game as a Ranger, Chris Kreider was named the first star of the game (Official Team Site)
- Media Availability: David Quinn,(3:25) Alexandar Georgiev,(1:22) and Brady Skjei (1:01) (Official Team Site)/
Around the NHL:
- Ryan Real reports that the Columbus Blue Jackets acquired forward Ryan Dzingel and a 7th round selection in the 2019 entry draft in exchange for forward Anthony Duclair and 2nd round selections in the 2020 and 2021 Entry Drafts (Jackets Cannon)
- Taylor Baird relays word that the Dallas Stars acquired defenseman Ben Lovejoy from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for defenseman Connor Carrick and a 3rd round selection in the 2019 Entry Draft (Defending Big D)
- Nick Kypreos hears that due to a steep asking price, interest around Ottawa Senators’ forward Mark Stone has dissipated as of late (Sportsnet)
- Travis Yost breaks down where Stanley Cup contenders and playoff hopefuls can improve as the trade deadline inches closer (TSN)
- James O’Brien recaps the Philadelphia Flyers’ come from behind 4-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins in the 2019 Stadium Series (NBC Sports)/
Zucc,— New York Rangers (@NYRangers) February 24, 2019
From your first goal (an OT game winner) you captured the hearts of RangersTown and always made us smile.
Your extra effort.
A Blueshirt through and through.
Once a Ranger, always a Ranger. We thank you.