Bantering the Blueshirts Ep. 156: Kakko, Kravtsov, and Fox shine in Traverse City

Kakko is our special boy

This week Joe and Mike go back to the two-shows-per-week format because, for the first time in a long time, there’s actual Rangers hockey to talk about.

In this episode, Joe and Mike discuss Kaapo Kakko kicking ass and taking names whilst recovering from an illness, Vitali Kravtsov making things happen with his skill, and why we should all be seriously excited about Adam Fox’s potential. We also try to put Igor Shesterkin’s underwhelming showing at Traverse City into perspective while also discussing how some of the kids who operated outside of the spotlight did in the tournament.

In addition to talking Traverse City we also touch on Micheal Haley reportedly getting a PTO to join the Rangers in training camp and the continued stalemate between the Rangers and RFAs Tony DeAngelo and Brendan Lemieux.

You can also listen to this week’s show by clicking here! And keep an eye out and an ear open for our mailbag show, which will drop tomorrow.

Remember, if you want to hear us discuss topics or answer questions on the show, use #BanteringPoints on Twitter or send us a message if you’re a Patron! If you have the time, please go ahead and give us a rating and/or leave a review for us on iTunes. Also, please check out our Patreon. We have stickers and mugs!

As always, thanks for listening and thanks for supporting the show. If you want to see us live, you can do just that THIS SATURDAY at the Gin Mill in NYC! We’ll be doing our second live show with our buddies at Blueshirts Breakaway, and tickets are just $5. Come have some fun with us before the season begins in earnest!