Blueshirt Banter Fantasy Hockey 2013-14

Is this real life... or is this just fantasy...

It's that time of year again ladies and gentlemen! It's time for Blueshirt Banter's fantasy hockey league(s). I've been hearing a lot of questions and even getting some emails about when fantasy hockey is going to get underway so I've done my best to hustle and get this whole thing rolling as quickly as I could.

Because of all of the buzz and interest in the Banter community and how popular this has been over the past few years we will be hosting several leagues again and will simply direct people to join the "spill over leagues" as leagues fill up. The ultimate goal is to have no one feel left out and I will do as much as I can do to make sure that doesn't happen. Of course this requires other people stepping up to be commissioners in the other leagues because I can't run them all. Thankfully Blueshirt Banter's own Kevin Power has already volunteered to host the second league so we already have over twenty spots available to get things started but I'm sure that we're going to need more leagues and more managers (more about that later).

Details about my league, "Blueshirt Banter Hockey 2014":

  • Scoring Categories for Skaters: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG)
  • Scoring Categories for Goalies: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)
  • Rosters: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
  • League Size: Fourteen teams (two divisions), eight in the playoffs.
  • Will be Hosted on Yahoo!
  • Scoring Type: Head-to-head.
  • To Join Email Mike: This league is FULL! Please join one of our other leagues!

Details about Kevin Power's league, "Blueshirt Banter Hockey Part 2":

  • Stat Values and Scoring Cats for Skaters:

Goals (G)

3

Assists (A)

2

Points (P)

1

Powerplay Goals (PPG)

0.5

Powerplay Assists (PPA)

0.5

Powerplay Points (PPP)

1

Shots on Goal (SOG)

0.6

  • Stat Values and Scoring Cats for Goaltenders:

Wins (W)

2

Saves (S)

0.2

Goals Against (GA)

-1

Shutouts (SO)

4

  • Rosters: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR
  • League Size: Twelve teams, six in the playoffs
  • Will be Hosted on Yahoo!
  • Scoring Type: Head-to-head points
  • Notes: Draft pick trades.
  • Kevin's Email: <span class="spoiler">kpower944[at]gmail.com</span>

Now that we have those details out there, there are a few things I'd like to talk about. PLEASE only sign-up if you are willing to participate all season long and please don't become a lame duck all season because you didn't like how your draft turned out, there are a lot of guys who want to be involved and it'd be a pretty big bummer if we have several inactive teams in such big leagues with passionate people involved. Obviously life can get in the way and there are things that are a lot more important than fantasy sports but don't get involved if you only have mild interest or have a reputation for abandoning ship.

Now that all of that is said please don't hesitate to sign-up if you are new to fantasy hockey, the Rangers, or hockey in general. The whole purpose of this thing is to have fun and milk even more enjoyment out of the hockey season.

More or less we're going to do this on a "first come, first served" basis but if I recognize you as an active member of the community or someone who has been active in previous fantasy hockey leagues I'll probably make sure to get you a spot... not really full-on nepotism but pseudo-nepotism. With that being said I'm going to make sure that no one feels left out (you're all my special little snowflakes) and that everyone gets to play and be involved in an active and competitive league. What I need from the community is for people to step up and volunteer to manage other leagues as the need for them pops up! If you are willing to do that just volunteer yourself in this thread, list the pertinent details about your league, and tell people how they can join! It'll obviously be a bit disorganized and chaotic but let's all do our best to not step on one another's toes and make things go as smoothly as possible.

So, let's do this thing! To join the first two leagues shoot us an email and PLEASE keep an eye out in this thread for when Kevin and I let you guys know that our leagues are full. I don't want emails about you wanting to join the league in Decemeber. Bueno? Bueno.

Oh, one last thing. Let us know who you are when you email about joining leagues and shoot me an email if you want to volunteer to run a league and give me your details and I'll just add them to this post! I think that is probably the best way to keep this sumbitch organized.

Let's go hockey. Let's go Rangers.

-------------

EDIT:

Nashtag's League (The Third League):

  • Rosters: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR/
  • Scoring Categories for Skaters: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Goals (SHG), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
  • Scoring Categories for Goalies: Wins (W), Goals Against (GA), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Shutouts (SHO)

  • League Size: Twelve teams.
  • Will be Yahoo!
  • Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
  • To Join: THIS LEAGUE IS FULL! Please join one of our other leagues!/

iamnyr244's League (The Fourth League):

  • Roster: 12 Forwards, 6 D-men, 1 Goalie, 5 bench spots
  • Scoring Categories for Skaters: Goals, assists, points, hits, blocks, plus minus
  • Scoring Categories for Goalies: Wins, GAA, SV%, Shutouts
  • League Size: 16 teams.
  • League is on Yahoo!
  • Scoring Type: Head-to-Head, One Win
  • To Join: Click HERE./