NHL News: Flyers Sign Pronger To 7 Year Extension

Sportsnet.ca

The agent for Chris Pronger told Sportsnet that his client has signed a seven-year contract extension that will likely see the defenceman finish his career in Philadelphia.

The confirmation will come down later Tuesday.

The extension is front-loaded to lower the salary cap hit, and is rumoured to be worth $35 million, or five million per season. The deal also includes a no-movement clause.

Wow, signing a 35 year old defenseman to a 7 year deal? Either way, the Flyers are serious contendors for the next few seasons and hopefully Pronger can throw a few beat downs on Sidney Crosby. I think everyone will agree with me that they would like to see that. After all, he does have the most punchable face in the NHL.

Then again, let's hope he doesn't break Marian Gaborik with a flying elbow at some point in his tenure in the Altantic Division. I guess it's good the Rangers have Brashear.. NOT