New York Rangers Game Thread: 11/19, Flyers at Rangers

Game Nineteen, the Philadelphia Flyers at the New York Rangers

Record: 7-7-4

Flyers vs Rangers coverage | NYR roster | Broad Street Hockey

Click Here For Nick Mercadante’s Rangers By The Numbers Game Preview

I don’t want to talk about what happened on Monday night. It was embarrassing. Need a laugh? Look at my drawings.

The Rangers have to keep tabs on Jakub Voracek tonight, especially with Claude Giroux out of the lineup. Early reports today have told us that we will likely see Lee Stempniak out of the lineup, he is day-to-day with back issues. This means that, for the first time, we’ll see Tanner Glass, Jesper Fast, and Anthony Duclair all dressed in the same game for the first time this season. All of those guys are competing fiercely for the same two roster spots, it’s something we should all keep an eye on. We all know that these games tend to get nasty, how will the diminutive Rangers’ lineup fare against a physical bunch like the Flyers?

7-7-4? Yikes. Things need to turn around, and soon. Be brave, my friends. The Rangers are also apparently wearing their road whites tonight, you know, just to shake s**t up. Because maybe that’ll help?

The New York Rangers’ November Schedule

Jets at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/1 (SO loss.)
Blues at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/3 (SO loss.)
Red Wings at Rangers, 8:00 PM 11/5 (Win.)
Rangers at Maple Leafs, 7:00 PM 11/8 (loss.)
Oilers at Rangers, 6:00 PM 11/9 (loss… dear god, how?)
Penguins at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/11 (Win!!!)
Avalanche at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/13 (SO loss.)
Rangers at Penguins, 7:00 PM 11/15 (SO loss.)
Lightning at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/17 (loss.)
Flyers at Rangers, 8:00 PM 11/19
Rangers at Sabres, 7:00 PM 11/21
Canadiens at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/23
Rangers at Lightning, 7:30 PM 11/26
Rangers at Flyers, 1:00 PM 11/28
Flyers at Rangers, 1:00 PM 11/29

Mike’s Player to Watch: (Prince) Cam Talbot

Talbot is in net tonight for the Rangers and they need him to be sharp. Lately, the Rangers’ defense and goaltending just haven’t been good enough. How many fast breaks and breakaways have the Rangers allowed over the last stretch of games? How many times have we seen Lundqvist get beat and have no one helping him around the net? It’s been rough to see the King struggle, here’s hoping that Cam Talbot can get his first win of the season tonight. He is 0-2-1 to start the year.

Let’s go Rangers! Enjoy the game and the thread.

So, how are youuuu?

Talking Points