Open Thread: 4/26 First Round Playoff Hockey

Playoff Tree

Today’s Games:

Detroit at Boston, 3:00 PM NBC. Boston leads 3-1.

Columbus at Pittsburgh, 7:00 PM NBCSN. Series tied up at 2-2.

Minnesota at Colorado, 9:30 PM NBCSN. Series tied up at 2-2.

Los Angeles at San Jose, 10:00 PM CNBC. San Jose leads 3-1.

After last night’s loss to the Flyers I feel like I need some kind of mouthwash for my brain so I can just spit out how disappointing the Rangers‘ effort was. Thankfully we have FOUR playoff hockey games today, all of which are Game Fives. Two of our games tonight are elimination games as both the Detroit Red Wings and the Los Angeles Kings are in true must-win situations. Which team do you think is more likely to still be in the playoff picture by the end of the night?

I know it isn’t going to be easy after last night, but try to enjoy today’s hockey. Who do you have winning tonight’s games? Will we see the second team to be knocked out of the 2014 Playoffs tonight? Will it be the Red Wings? The Kings? Let me know what you guys think in the comments section.

Mike’s Game to Watch: Columbus at Pittsburgh.

All the momentum is with the Blue Jackets right now. The best thing they can do (other than start the game trailing 3-1) is keep the pressure on and look to finally get into the driver’s seat. If Columbus wins tonight it will be the first time in their franchise history that they have taken a lead in a playoff series. Here’s hoping that they do just that on the road tonight against Crosby, Malkin, and the Penguins.

Let’s go hockey. Let’s go Rangers. And please, someone fix the power play.

Talking Points