Rangers Game Thread: Preseason Game 3, Rangers at Bruins

THE RETURN OF THE ZUKE.

Stanley Cup of Chowdaaa

Well, Tuesday's game was a bit of a bummer, huh? Thankfully we have tonight's third exhibition game against the Boston Bruins in Beantown to help us forget about the Rangers 5-3 loss in Philadelphia.

The Bruins have been in a bit of a tailspin thanks to some of their cap constraints and some dubious roster decisions they've made (trading away both Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton come to mind). There are plenty of guys in the Bruins' camp that are looking to claim open jobs and roles with a team that won the Cup in 2011. The Bruins that take to the ice tonight are looking to seize the opportunity to make an NHL roster on a team that was only a couple points out of the Stanley Cup Finals at the conclusion of the 2014-15 regular season.

As you can see form tonight's roster, the Blueshirts are going with a little bit more star power than what we saw on Tuesday night in Philly. Tonight we'll be seeing Mats Zuccarello return to the ice for the first time since his scary concussion and fractured skull that he suffered in the 2015 Playoffs. Welcome back, Zuke, we love you and we're so happy to see you back on the Garden ice. Go get 'em.

I'd like to take a moment to turn your attention to the outstanding, brave, and peerless work that Stanley Cup of Chowder has done with several exceptional pieces addressing difficult and crucial issues and how they are toxic to the sport that we all love. They've been, in my opinion, offering an important, brave, and passionate voice and have handled painful, infuriating, and sensitive issues throughout the postseason with that rare combination of grace and ardor that deserves our recognition. A big stick tap to Sarah Connors and the good folks over at SCoC for their voice and the work that they've done. Please go give them some love, some twitter follows, some retweets, and all of that good stuff. They're one hell of a hockey blog.

Enjoy tonight's game, gang. Let's go Rangers.

Game four of the preseason is Saturday.