Really, there's not much more to say about the game. Most of us will be blinking the sleep out of our eyes as the game gets underway instead of reading whatever I throw together here in my game notes to help you get hyped. You don't need my help getting hyped. We get to see this game once every four years and there are three Rangers playing in it. It's Sweden versus Canada and only one team is going home with the gold. Get hyped. Get excited. Forget about the disappointing effort by the Men's team and the heartbreaking defeat of the Women's team and enjoy today's game.

Mike's Player to Watch: Henrik Lundqvist

Henrik Lundqvist

#30 / Goalie / New York Rangers

6-1

188

Mar 02, 1982

Hank has had an outstanding tournament thus far and he's going to need to be outstanding to get past the offensive powerhouse that is the Canadian National team. Although Canada has yet to really open up and display just how dynamic their offense is, there's no denying that they have more firepower than the Swedes. Sweden is likely going to have to rely on their team play, goaltending, and outstanding power play to get them past the Canadians so it should be interesting to see how disciplined the Canadians play today. Hank has already put a gold medal around his neck once in his career and I'm sure that he'd like another one to add to the crown jewels... see what I did there? King Henrik? Crown jewels? Eh?

Please use this as your open thread for today's gold medal game and to further gripe and complain about how poorly the US Men's hockey team performed. After today's game we are just four days away from the Rangers' matchup with the Chicago Blackhawks and right now it is looking like the Rangers will be rolling with Derek Dorsett in the lineup (he is apparently close to being good to go after a broken leg) to replace the injured Mats Zuccarello. Enjoy the game guys and girls!