New York Rangers Game Thread: Game 4, Jets at Rangers

McIlrath and Glass are in, Jesper Fast and Dan Boyle out.

Arctic Ice Hockey

Jets Record: 2-1-0, 11 GF, 7 GA | Rangers Record: 3-0-0, 12 GF, 6 GA

Finally, we get back to some Rangers hockey tonight. The Blueshirts will be facing off against the much improved Winnipeg Jets who were swept in the 2015 Playoffs after making an emotional return to the postseason in front of some of the most passionate fans in the league.

Dylan McIlrath and Tanner Glass are in for the Blueshirts tonight at the expense of veteran Dan Boyle and 2014 Playoff standout Jesper Fast. The Rangers are expecting tonight's game to be a bruiser against the towering lineup of the Winnipeg Jets. If you're a gambling man or woman, I'd say that a fight breaking out tonight is a pretty safe bet given some of the bad blood that might still be lingering after Dustin Byfuglien's attack on J.T. Miller at the end of March in the 2014-15 season.

In a scheduling quirk, the Jets have played all of their games on the road this season.

Mike's Player to Watch: Viktor Stalberg

About time I did one of these, right? Oscar Lindberg is making history with his offensive outburst to start the 2015-16 season, but he wouldn't be doing it without veteran and fellow Swede Viktor Stalberg on his line. Stalberg has been outstanding for the Rangers through the first three games of the season. The former Predator has just 3 shots thus far but he has picked up 3 assists and is a +5 (I know, I know... I promise I know) thus far with the Rangers. Stalberg has been crucial for creating space for Miller and Lindberg and although the two assists he has picked up off of Lindberg goals have been secondary, he's been instrumental to the success of the third line. Keep an eye out for him tonight.

Additional Reading:

Hank is in the cage. Let's go Rangers.